Dare to do more
At Billy Blue College of Design at Torrens University Australia, you don’t just study design and creative technology, you’re immersed into a world of thinkers, problem-solvers and rule-breakers. A world where innovation and technology meet traditional design thinking concepts to solve real-world problems.
We're passionate about creative technology and bridging the world of artificial intelligence, cloud computing, software engineering, development and programming with traditional design concepts. So, we’re on the hunt for high achieving and technically savvy individuals to stand with us and springboard into their future careers and receive 20% off their course fees.
Our Creative Technology Scholarship is open to new students who want to study in one or more of the following areas:
- Creative Technology
- Game Design, Development and/or Programming
- Software Engineering
- Digital Transformation & Creative Intelligence
Looking for a scholarship for our design offering? Apply here for our Design Scholarship in Interior Design, Graphic and Communication Design, Photography, UX and Web Design, Digital Media Design and Branded Fashion Design.
This is your chance to graduate with more than just your degree. Scholarship recipients each intake receive exclusive access to become a Design and Creative Technology Ambassador, giving you the chance to graduate with real-world work experience as a part of a team of like-minded student ambassadors passionate about the creative world.
Along with being a Design and Creative Technology Ambassador, scholarship recipients receive:
- Exposure to Marketing team and opportunities to be part of campaigns
- Opportunity to create and contribute content for social media and digital channels
- A 20% reduction of your course fee
- Certificate of achievement outlining your efforts throughout your studies
- Access to personalised emotional intelligence and leadership training with a Success Coach, as well as resume building and portfolio review sessions.
Our scholarships are open to high achieving school leavers, those who have worked in design or technology roles, or are established professionals ready to return to study for a postgraduate course.
Complete our online form on this page along with your answer to:
- A 50-100 word response to the question: What can you bring to the Design and Creative Technology Ambassador program?
- A 50-100 word response outlining how you plan to use technology 'for good'
- A 50-100 word response outlining any major academic, career or personal successes to date
- A 50-100 word response outlining what you believe the future of the creative technology industries is
- Read and agree to the Terms and Conditions.
Optional: upload a creative submission to your Frontier profile that you're proud of, shows your skills and commitment to the study area or is just generally awesome. Your submission can take any form - a prototype, technical specification, concept write-up or code. Here's a how-to guide to upload your work to your profile.
What we’re looking for
- The thinkers: we’re looking for creative thinkers who can produce quality original designs and technical solutions based on solid concepts and backed by research and inspiration
- The unapologetic: we want a team of passionate, outgoing and out-right cool Ambassadors, everyone is different so show us what you can bring to the team
- The bold: we want the innovative thinkers, ambitious new design leaders, the agitators, rule-breakers and the game-changers.
Submission deadline is:
- September 2020 Intake (Trimester 3): 11.59pm AEST on 16 August 2020
- February 2021 intake (Trimester 1): 11:59pm AEST on 19 January 2021
Late submissions cannot be accepted.